Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Boy's Basketball Bedroom

This was one of my first murals not done for family or close friends.
I meet the mother of this young boy at her tanning salon her  young teen  was dealing with cancer. This was a perfect room to take on as a gift to the family. It was so fun to see his face when he returned from a week at a Riley camp.





I don't normally add pictures of who I paint for but Jathan was special and l love how this picture really shows the scale of the room.  I purchased the Pacers boarder and then cut it to make it look like it was woven into the basket net.
Even this guys fingernails look real to me.
The hardest part of this wall was dealing with the paint.  If I had known then, what I know now, I would have sanded and used a primer.  I had problems with the light blue sponge paint job showing through and sometimes the paint bubbling and pealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment